The Saint Agnes Center for Spiritual Care provides for the spiritual, emotional, and religious needs of our patients, families and staff. It also sponsors projects outside the hospital to benefit the community. Pastoral assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, within the Medical Center.
Call the hospital operator (dial O) to request pastoral assistance at any time. Ask to speak to the chaplain on-call.
- Providing sacramental ministry for Catholics and Protestants
- Offering spiritual and emotional support for all patients and family members
- Giving presurgery support and prayer
- Providing religious aids, such as rosaries, Bibles, and devotional literature
- Assisting patients in contacting local leaders of all faiths
- Supplying information about Advance Health Care Directives upon request*
* Requests for explanation of Advance Health Care Directives may also be made to the Clinical Social Services department at (559) 450-3158.
Christ the Healer Chapel
The Frank Diener Family Chapel of Christ the Healer is open 24 hours a day for prayer and meditation. Mass or Eucharistic Services are held Monday-Friday at 8 a.m. Sunday Mass is celebrated at 11 a.m. Patient and visitors are able to view mass live on their room television on Channel 11.
Spiritual Care Community Outreach Services
Sharing a Sacred Trust - Spiritual Care Volunteer Training Program
The Center for Spiritual Care offers training programs twice each year for persons who are interested in serving as a spiritual care volunteer. Please note, an application process indicates a recommendation from your faith home.
For more information or to contact the Center for Spiritual Care office, call (559) 450-3227.