If you have chronic breathing problems, the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Saint Agnes can help you breathe easier. The program can be useful for just about anyone with breathing problems, including those who suffer from:
- COPD (Emphysema/Chronic Bronchitis)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Recovery following lung surgery
Pulmonary Rehab can help you
- Maximize your physical ability
- Maintain your independence
- Better understand your lung condition
- Get on track for a healthier life
- Develop a more positive approach toward living with a chronic condition
How the program works
The program includes education and exercise sessions supervised by trained pulmonary rehabilitation staff. Sessions are held in small group setting over a series of weeks, and will help you:
- Breathe easier
- Eat well
- Handle stress better
- Keep your lungs clearer
- Conserve energy
- Use oxygen equipment, if needed
Most insurance plans cover Pulmonary Rehabilitation. To join, you must be a nonsmoker or actively engaged in smoking cessation while in the program. A physician referral is required.
Patients who are interested in getting help to stay tobacco free can be referred to 450-QUIT (7848). A call to this Saint Agnes hotline activates a visit by one of our tobacco treatment specialists who provide counseling, education and follow-up after discharge. Visitors may also call this phone number for assistance.
Pulmonary Rehab Forms
For more information, contact Pulmonary Rehabilitation, (559) 450-5596.