Distinguishing milestones of the Heart and Vascular Program include:
- Saint Agnes receives highest possible rating from Society of Thoracic Surgery for overall coronary artery bypass grafting surgery, 2014.
- Saint Agnes heart team is first in Valley to perform non-surgical heart valve replacement on high-risk adult patients, 2014.
- Named a 5-Star Rated Hospital for the Treatment of Heart Attack two years in a row (2010-11) and 5-Star Rated for Valve Replacement Surgery by HealthGrades (2011).
- Named a Mentor Hospital for Heart Attack Care by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Saint Agnes is among 22 hospitals nationwide - and among only three in California - to receive this distinction, 2008 to present.
- Performed first Cath Lab ASD/PFO closure in Central Valley, 2005.
- Designated a Blue Cross of California Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Center of Expertise, 2003.
- First hospital on the West Coast to perform a total endoscopic coronary artery bypass operation (TECAB) using the daVinci Robotic Surgical System, 2002.
- First in Valley to utilize Cardiac 3-D Color Mapping System for electrophysiology studies, 2001.
- First in Valley to utilize the daVinci Robotic Surgical System in a minimally invasive cardiac surgery procedure, 2001.
- Solucient's Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals for Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Coronary Angioplasty and Acute Myocardial Infarction (MI) care, 2001.
- Performed first endovascular stent procedure for a triple abdominal aneurysm repair (AAA), 2000.
- Solucient's Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals for Cardiac Bypass Surgery, 1999.
- Performed first minimally invasive cardiac surgery procedure, 1996.
- First accredited Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory in the Central Valley, 1995.
- Introduced coronary stent technology to the Valley, 1993.
- Introduced percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), 1981.
- Opened the Valley's first cardiac rehabilitation program, 1979.